domingo, julio 31, 2005

Turq & Sand Don't Mix


I took this road trip with my friends Josh and Dave. We had an ambitious and demanding itinerary before us. We embarked from Mexico City, headed south to Acapulco, Guerrero, and then moved our way down the coast to Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. As we were driving in the Oaxacan highlands by the sea on our way to Chiapas, we saw this beach from the road, and we knew that a detour was a must. We took the dirt road off the main highway and headed towards the ocean. Dave took this photo minutes after I parked the Turq by the beach. Unbeknownst to them, I had realized once I removed the key from the ignition that the Turq had sunk into the sand, just enough to make me worried about how we would get it out. But I decided to focus on the beauty and the glory of Concha Bamba beach. Hours later, when we tried to move the Turq, the real adventure would begin.  Posted by Picasa

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I like that photo. It makes me laugh for some reason. I think it is funny because of the random guy in the background. I too have been stuck in sand....

El Jaguar Edu dijo...

In fairness, the random guy in the background is my old boarding school roommate Josh. He was part of the road trip odyssey through southern Mexico. When were you stuck in sand? Goleta? Jaja!