lunes, julio 25, 2005

Manos de Ayuda


During my Fulbright in Mexico City, I worked as an in house counsel lawyer for a multinational corporation. I was fortunate to participate in one of the company's many pro bono opportunities. Every Saturday morning, several company employees would purchase food at a local supermarket and drive to one of the low income slums in the city. In this picture, my colleague and I purchased eggs, bread, orange juice, etc. to feed over 150 children for a program titled Manos de Ayuda. Manos de Ayuda teams up Mexican companies with non-profit centers in extremely poor areas that often lack running water and electricity.

On this particular morning, we visited children that lived next to one of the city's worst landfills. Many of these children's parents worked on the landfill sorting trash and collecting recyclable items. Manos de Ayuda is linked to a Protestant organization in Oregon, USA.  Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: