domingo, julio 31, 2005

Playa Concha Bamba


There are many beaches on this planet. And I have visited my fair share of some of them. But only one has really blown me away as much as this one, Concepcion Bamba in southern Oaxaca. Concha Bamba beach is about two hours south of Huatulco on the road to Chiapas. The landscape around this beach is breathtaking. To your left is the lower part of a beautiful mountain ridge, that as it approaches the Pacific Ocean behind me, turns into a massive sand dune. Witnessing the geological transformation of the Mexican earth as it meets the Pacific Ocean is beyond mystical. The water is warm, and incredibly clear. I drove the Turq, my 1995 Honda coupe, onto this beach, about 5 miles on a dirt road from the main highway referenced above. Concha Bamba has set a new standard for me.  Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: