lunes, septiembre 19, 2005

Hydrated Copper Aluminum Phosphate


Several Saturdays ago, I visited my old neighborhood library in City Terrace. Outside this Los Angeles county library is a beautiful tile mural that is bursting with turquoise feathers and amerindian iconography.

While there, I was able to chat with its main librarian and family friend, Mrs. Garcia. Mrs. Garcia still remembers me from elementary and junior high school when I, the undisputed nerd of the barrio, frequently dropped by to check out more books to devour.

For those that don't know, or probably don't even care, turquoise is the chemical compound of CuAl6(PO4) 4(OH)8*5(H2O), aka Hydrated Copper Aluminum Phosphate. For more information regarding turquoise, please visit the following mineral website: http://mineral.galleries.com/minerals/phosphat/turquois/turquois.htm


 Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: