martes, mayo 13, 2008

Biggy Big - Freud Style

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/05/13/freud.art/index.html

It's drizzling in Kyoto now, and I just got back from a nice stroll through the center of town. I had eel earlier today, and I think that I may be done with this Japanese delicacy. I am craving other flavors now, and although I appreciate traditional cuisine, I also miss the fusion style of California cooking.

I may pursue some South Asian cooking for dinner tonight. Just to keep my palate alive and awake.

It's a nice day in Kyoto, and I hope tomorrow presents a nice opportunity to explore the city on bike.

As a matter of fact, I was able to purchase a bike earlier today for 2,000 yen, which is about 20 dollars. The transaction was brokered with the help of a very friendly ballroom dancing instructor. The bike shopkeeper and his daughter spoke so little English, that their neighbor, the ballroom dancing instructor, had to step up and help with the sale! Lucky for me, I rode away with a nice fold-up bike, with a new basket attached to it. There's nothing like exploring Kyoto on wheels, and I look forward to taking full advantage of my newfound toy!

Cheers to all from the land of the rising sun...

Ciao

Edu

No hay comentarios.: