domingo, marzo 09, 2008

Los Twin Peaks de LA


I recently went on a hike in Los Angeles County, and when I saw this image to my right, I was immediately reminded of the introductory scenes of the old television series Twin Peaks, which I am still watching (currently on Season 2).
There's something about the water pouring over the concrete and flowing, ebbing, and moving its way downstream. Yeah, basic gravity and h20 crap, I know, but once you can imagine the soundtrack music from the Twin Peaks' opening scenes, everything takes a different meaning.
To read more about Twin Peaks, check out the link below:
Copied below is a description of the music of Twin Peaks:
"Composer Angelo Badalamenti, a frequent contributor to Lynch projects, scored the series and provides the leitmotif "Laura's Theme", the famous title theme, and other evocative pieces to the soundtrack. A handful of the motifs were borrowed from the Julee Cruise album Floating Into the Night, which was written in large part by Badalamenti and Lynch, and was released in 1989."

No hay comentarios.: