martes, agosto 16, 2005

Columpios


Summer time is meant to be enjoyed. Whether you are fortunate enough to be by the ocean, by a river, or by a lake, you should really try to get the most of each summer's day. I learned this lesson many years ago, okay, actually about two decades ago. But I was reminded this last spring, when I was still in Mexico City, and I joined some of my colleagues on a Saturday morning to go give free breakfasts to children living on a municipal landfill. These columpios (swings) made the kids very happy. So happy in fact, that I needed to try them myself, and I did. For those that are not familiar with the art of columpios, batteries are most definitely not included. Columpios require a highly sophisticated form of body movement to create the proper motion and momentum needed to eventually swing back and forth on your own volition. Here, my colleague and I demonstrate how to decrease dependence on other humans for proper swinging.

Random factoid: What am I listening to now? The Mamas and the Papas, "Monday Monday." Sometimes it just turns out that way. Every other day of the week is fine, but Monday requires special effort.  Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: