martes, abril 12, 2005

Santana "Smooth(s)" His Way Into Mexico

Hola amigos! Carlos Santana will be playing a free concert this Friday evening at 7:30pm in the Zocalo, the symbolic heart of the Mexican Republic! Santana performed last Sunday night at the Palacio de los Deportes. His visit to Mexico City has tapped into the enthusiasm that his fellow countrymen feel for his guitar playing and overall "supernatural" presence. I am excited about going to this concert, as free concerts in Mexico City are always a treat. The last time I visited the Zocalo for a concert was to see Intocable play, a Tex-Mex conjunto band. This past weekend I also visited my grandparents in Valparaiso, Zacatecas. I put together a small fiesta for them, playing danzon, mariachi and bolero music. Although the music was gearded towards a much older and wiser crowd, it was nonetheless pleasant to enjoy some tamales on a brisk Zacatecan evening under the stars. Saludos a todos!

No hay comentarios.: