jueves, febrero 17, 2005

Miguel Angel de Quevedo Metro Station


This is a typical Mexico City metro station entrance. Here, the Miguel Angel de Quevedo entrance is usually crowded with people waiting for buses or micros to take them to their final destinations. The metro system was developed before the eve of the 1968 Olympics. The metro system was in part heavily influenced by the Paris metro system. Fortunately, the Mexico City metro is quite affordable, at 2 pesos each ride, roughly .20 cents in American currency.  Posted by Hello

5 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

It is interesting that you have shared photos of Mexico city, one of my best friends lives there.

I enjoy your photography.

Jeremy

El Jaguar Edu dijo...

Jeremy,
I am glad you are enjoying this side of Mexico City. It´s refreshing to show life unfold in a city inhabited by so many millions of people.
!Viva Mexico!
Edu

Anónimo dijo...

Edu,
Being from Paris, I'd be interested to see pictures of the Mexico City subway...
Tomu

El Jaguar Edu dijo...

Tomu,
I will do my best to get a picture for you...since I got my car I rarely use the subway system anymore. Moreover, pictures of the metro are restricted because of national security reasons. The metro cars are orange and operate on rubber wheels, limiting their noise on tracks. In addition, metro station operators often choose their own music to play over station speakers.
Saludos,
Edu

Anónimo dijo...

Edu,
Sounds like Paris with a Mexican twist...
Tomu