domingo, febrero 20, 2005

Footloose


This past Sunday I spent the afternoon in Polanco and walked around the Parque Lincoln. I was in a good mood because despite my car overheating on Friday and having to postpone my road trip to Zacatecas, the Honda dealer in Pedregal came through. I am very pleased and impressed with their service. They solved the problem in less than an hour. My car´s temperature sensor needed to be replaced, and the Honda dealer gave me an excellent price. I am also relieved that I was able to resolve the issue over the weekend. Importantly, while at the park in Polanco, I realized that in life we should all try to have one foot in the door, constantly ready to step up and solve any problems that come our way, no matter how unexpected. By taking one step forward, we can all make something better, improve a situation, or even identify an opportunity. This sculpture titled ¨Releye¨ by Leon Kopeliovich really captures the essence of this very simple truth; the idea that we should all develop the courage and the will to do something about the status quo, in hopes of changing it for the better one step at a time. The piece was donated in 1997 by Mercedes Barrios Gomez to the Parque Lincoln in Polanco.  Posted by Hello

No hay comentarios.: