viernes, junio 01, 2007

La Decada de los 70s

The following picture belongs with my previous post. The NY Times puts together the literary and visual content that I need and want. Oftentimes, they even find a picture to match the tone of their article.

I am currently listening to the Brazilian Girls, and can't help but think of the 70s. Earlier this evening, I was watching a documentary on the History Channel about 1975 when thousands of South Vietnamese converged on the U.S. Embassy compound in Saigon desperately looking to leave the city in hopes of avoiding being left behind as the invading North Vietnamese army worked its way south.

The picture below captures something about that time period, those moments of hollowed happiness, troubled times, and impaired outlooks. I hate the 70s. But like a used paper bag that finds its way to the bottom cabinet in my kitchen, I always find use for this decade. It contains me, it carries me, it delivered me to this world. 1977. I am nostalgic about those times when things looked bad, but they couldn't get worse, or at least they didn't.



No hay comentarios.: