viernes, abril 21, 2006

Pedregal del Lago - Council In Session


Buenos vecinos. Good neighbors. This is a universal principle and concept.

Vero and Nicolas pictured here at the Good Luck Bar in Silverlake were in LA for a weekend this past March.

I met Vero at the Festival Internacional del Cervantino in Guanajuato, Mexico in October of 2004. I was in Mexico on my Fulbright, and ended up taking off to the world-famous Cervantino Festival.

While there, my friends and I decided to party at the Why Not bar off some colonial plaza and narrow alley. While there, my friends and I ended up partying with Vero and her friends.

It turned out that we lived in the same gated community in Mexico City - very small world. I lived in Tower 4 and she and Nicolas lived in Tower 5. Ridiculous - that you can meet someone that lives so close to you - hundreds of miles from your mutual residence. Only on this Terra Firma we call Earth.

Vero is a designer for Pepe Jeans in Mexico City, and Nicolas is an aspiring filmmaker currently in Australia.

Viva los Chilangos! Mexico City rocks, especially when you can see your chilango friends on your home turf - in my case, LA.

I don't care what the neighborhood council bylaws say, in my book, Vero, Nicolas and I had a quorum at the Good Luck bar back in March. Meeting adjourned. Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: