miércoles, marzo 16, 2005

Marzo Mango Harvest


If a month should ever be allowed to taste like something, then Mango would be March´s flavor for the year. I am finally back from my trip to Nueva York, Filadelfia and Washington, DC. I heard some quality jazz in Harlem, enjoyed some Dean & Deluca tuna sandwiches, and sat through a nice Fitler Square greek dinner in Philly. As a groomsmen in a South Asian-Cuban wedding, I fulfilled my duties by carrying a mock corinthian pillar from one ceremony to another, and most importantly by participating in the street dancing for the groom´s Barat. I took this picture while riding the airport taxi back to my apartment in the south side of the city earlier today. Mango is a Barcelona-based women´s apparel store. The fashion conscious store has had unprecedented growth in Latin America, and is now positioning itself to launch several stores in Asia, notably Hong Kong. Here, the ad´s display of a woman in leisure fits perfectly with the sunny urban background common to a city ready to embrace the coming of spring. The season of the Mango has arrived. If only more cities around the world resembled a cornucopia of exotic fruits in late winter.  Posted by Hello

No hay comentarios.: